Critical to the success of any case management system is to implement processes and procedures for the workflow of every new case type scenario. Success is measured by the goals and objectives set forth by the Management Team.
Example: If one of the goals is to have uniformity in file structures, one of the metrics is to measure and demonstrate the percentage of cases that meet the criteria set forth in the requirements. This enables the Management Team to identify weaknesses and implement remediation procedures.
Example: If client retention is a goal, one of the metrics is to measure the frequency of “touching” the client, the response time to client inquiries, and other criteria that make or break a client relationship.
Assessment – Analysis of current processes and procedures to identify strengths and weaknesses.
Optimization – Recommendations for redesign workflows to standardize, automate and improve processes and procedures.
Remediation – Following identification of areas that require remediation, meeting one-on-one to correct, educate and retrain attorneys and/or support staff.
Training – One-on-one training of attorneys and support staff to show them how to use the systems to improve the quality of their work-product and align with office objectives.
On-going Support – Ongoing support of attorneys and support staff with reviews of bi-monthly reporting, and when necessary, remediation.
In order to gain and sustain your return-on-investment in a case management system and achieve your business goals, post-implementation requires:
- Evaluation of existing infrastructure in conjunction with business objectives.
- When appropriate, remediation recommendation.
- Analysis of existing case management software and integration with other applications.
- Building upon existing processes, development of optimized workflow procedures for support staff.
- New Client Intake processes
- Pre-litigation (case evaluation phase)
- Litigation (management of discovery and e-discovery processes, including implementation of methodology and processes for in-depth document review of medical, financial and corporate documents through trial)
- Design of templates to meet the needs of both support staff and attorneys.
- Creation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports to Office Administrator(s), Support Staff, Attorney(s) and Partner(s).
- Supervision and training of all paralegals and other support staff throughout the implementation processes.
- Training of attorneys to optimize the value of new platforms.