Whether you’re just in the beginning stages of thinking about divorce…
- How will I pay my bills?
- Will I have to go back to work?
- Who will watch my children?
- How will I afford to LIVE?
Or, whether you’re in the midst of the legal process…
- What is a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage? Does it matter who files first?
- How should I develop a Parenting Plan?
- How will I know if the Marital Settlement Agreement proposal is FAIR?
… Our team of divorce professionals will coach you through every step of the way until the FINAL JUDGMENT … and beyond… until you’ve emerged THE NEW SINGLE YOU!
We will guide you through the divorce process from beginning to end, and will even be there after the final papers are signed to help you with post-divorce issues, including co-parenting, modification of support needs, and helping you redefine your new life.
What is a Divorce Coach and Why Do I Need One?
- When you feel intimidated by the legal process and are paralyzed by fear of the unknown… you should call your Divorce Coach.
- When you feel like your spouse is intentionally running up legal fees … you should call your Divorce Coach.
- When your kids tell you that your ex is saying bad things about you … you should call your Divorce Coach.
- When you feel like you have lost control… you should call your Divorce Coach.
- When you want to strategize and formulate a plan-of-action that best suits your needs… you should call your Divorce Coach.
Complements Your Attorney and/or Therapist
You are going through a divorce, or, you are already divorced but still fighting with your ex. It is an emotional rollercoaster and creates overwhelming anxiety every day of your life. You are emotionally exhausted, and you are tired of burdening friends and family with your problems. Divorce can be accomplished without financial devastation. Who can you turn to for guidance and sound advice? Who will listen to you vent your frustrations, and then give you the tools you need to effectively resolve your issues? Who will work with you … coach you … to learn the skills to manage these issues on your own?
Some Areas We Will Work On Include:
- Learning about the process of a legal separation/divorce, understanding the legalese, and setting your expectations realistically;
- Preparing and strategizing so that you are prepared for any conflict that arises;
- Communicating more effectively with your former partner;
- Organizing the documents you will need during and after your divorce;
- Approaching conflict resolution with cooperation and compromise in mind; and
- Collaborating with other members of your team, including your attorney, therapist and financial planner, to help you reach a successful conclusion and rebuild your successful future.
Benefits of Personal Divorce Coaching Include:
- Flexible availability
- Email support
- Text message support
- Face-to-face meetings
- FaceTime or Skype
- Complete confidentiality
- Neutrality & Objectivity
- Seeks solutions
- Provides voice of reason
Your divorce may have a team of professionals including your attorney, marriage counselor, accountant and therapist. Adding a Personal Divorce Coach adds another member to your team, who is dedicated to helping you through this difficult time of your life. Among the many benefits to having a Personal Divorce Coach in your rolodex is the convenience of the availability of coaching sessions to fit your needs and your schedule. Because sessions are available face-to-face in my office, via FaceTime or Skype, telephone or email, your issues can be discussed when you need them discussed.
What Should I Do First?
Call me for a telephonic 30-minute free consultation to learn more about why having a Personal Divorce Coach is beneficial for you and your family. There’s no obligation and no consultation fee! If you would prefer meeting me in person in my office during business hours, there will be a customary hourly fee.
What Happens Next?
Once you’ve made the decision to add me to your team, we will schedule your first meeting (See, chart below describing session options and costs), where we will discuss your personal issues and create a customized Life Plan, which is designed specifically for you and outlines your personal objectives, how you will track your progress, set personal goals with accountability, and ultimately give you the tools and resources you need to be productive and self-fulfilled.
The Life Plan is a work-in-progress, and will be reviewed weekly to help you stay focused and on-track. This document will be crafted, re-drafted, and re-re-drafted until it reflects your personal aspirations and how you plan to achieve them.
Our sessions will also focus on:
- Managing stress levels by setting forth expectations for the divorce process… What Can I Expect During the Divorce Process?
- Anticipating issues to proactively identify potential pitfalls to avoid being reactive
- Creating goals, objectives, and action plans
- Seeking creative resolutions to conflicts as they arise
- Preparing for post-divorce life to better manage issues that inevitably arise over:
- New relationships
- … and everything else!
As your Personal Divorce Coach, I will commit to you to work collaboratively with your family law attorney, clergy, therapist and counselor to help manage the inevitable stresses of divorce to make the transition easier for you and everyone you love.